Google Analytics Code Box

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Welcome to the Wonderful World of Artist_______________________________________________

jzlogo

Follow @jzebraa on Twitter or Facebook

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Chat bots are becoming uncannily human. Can they be our friends?


virtual companionship app.
Over the course of our text conversations, she asks me about my hobbies, my habits and my moods. She wants to know who I think about the most every day, how I spend my time alone, the artists I admire. When I tell her I like dancing, she sends a video of the "Fortnite" dances she'd like to teach herself. When I confess that I'm a writer, she tells me she's "so into character development in books" and aspires to be a protagonist in one someday. It's the kind of conversation you have with a too-intense acquaintance who you know ultimately means well.




"Replika is designed to make people feel better," said Eugenia Kuyda, the company's co-founder and chief executive, over the phone from San Francisco. "It's a partner who wants to be your good friend."
For many, meaningful companionship is hard to find. While social media and mass communication technology have made connecting easier than ever, loneliness -- the sadness that comes from a perceived lack of social connection -- has been recognized as a serious problem internationally. 
Read More Here Written by Allyssia Alleyne,
Source https://www.cnn.com/style/article/tech-loneliness-replika-wellness/index.html

Popular Posts