Google Analytics Code Box

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Welcome to the Wonderful World of Artist_______________________________________________

jzlogo

Follow @jzebraa on Twitter or Facebook

Monday, September 21, 2026

Debbie Harry is Blondie

Andy Warhol and Debbie Harry in New York, 1985 - Getty Images/Allan Tannenbaum

Once called the "first postmodern tough cookie" ("I liked that"), at 81, Harry has, as she tells me in her sultry drawl, "experience". She has released a string of beloved, enduring pop hits, befriended Andy Warhol, toured with David Bowie and Iggy "Popsicle", kissed Jean-Michel Basquiat on camera, and starred in the David Cronenberg film Videodrome


Breathy and feminine, at times she reminds me of Marilyn Monroe
It was always Harry's fantasy that she was Monroe's lost daughter.

Funny thing is that I did not know of this Marilyn Monroe thought until I read this today, but I painted a painting of Debbie Harry for thr Andy Warhol Museum in 2015 that was 
made of 64 little Marilyn Monroes!

Called "Blondie Rapture 64 Bit Warhol"

"Blondie Rapture" 64-Bit Warhol 2015 jzebraa
 I had to biggest crush when I was 10 years old!
I loved no one more that BLONDIE at that time! XOXO jzebraa

Read More Story Source



Popular Posts